Thursday, September 2, 2010

For This You Have My Pity...

Do not think that I am weak
Because I choose to forgive
Those who hurt me

Do not think that because I forgive
That I am desperate
I do not need to barter for friendship...

Do not think me naïve
Because I choose to believe
That people are mostly good

Do not fool yourself into thinking
That this belief is for my benefit
The benefit of the doubt is for others
Who otherwise, would not be given a chance

The whole world is not like you
The whole world is not like the people
You have known…

Why do you waste energy on bitterness?

The “you’s” of the world
Need the “me’s” of the world

Without us
You would never know kindness
Friendship
Or love.

Because of these “so-called” flaws
That my personality is so riddled with
I will know true happiness someday...
All you will ever do is get close
And then destroy it in spite of yourself

Do not think that because I’m still here
That I will not go
My patience will eventually fade

Do not think me timid
Because I do not appear to fight back
I have been…
With devastating blows of kindness.


~Jennifer Rapier-Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment