Monday, May 2, 2011

Life Preserver

I just woke up and found the world around me…
Crumbled and devastated, in my hands…
All the blood and the tears
All my fears and my doubts
I was clawing the walls trying to climb out
I couldn’t do it alone, but nobody heard
Me screaming save me…

Am I such a thief that I’d steal my own soul?
Am I just so weak that I couldn’t let go?
I held on for dear life and then I lost control

I grabbed hold of your rope…
And you cut me loose
And left me with only enough to make my own noose…

Now I’m broken and drowning out here in the rain
No one will forgive me for playing their game
I’m not that person you knew in the past

Where is my sanctuary?
I need asylum please
Let me take hold of your hand

Don’t you know?
That you’re the one
who saved me?
Don’t you know?

~Jennifer Rapier-Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment